Coach On is the ultimate network to connect coaches, athletes, and sports parents all over the country. As a coach, you will be able to create your own professional online profile, choose your location and the sport(s) you would like to coach, and set your own hourly prices that you want to charge your clients for a coaching session with you.
Your profile will be visible on our website and will give you exposure to athletes and parents looking to hire a private coach in your area. Clients that are interested in hiring you as a coach can contact you directly through Coach On and schedule a training session with you.
There are NO booking fees, monthly subscriptions costs, or other hidden fees for creating a Coach On profile. You keep 100% of what you earn from your coaching sessions. The ONLY fee we are required to charge for safety reasons is a $9.90 fee that will cover the costs of your Background Check. You will be asked to pay this fee during the application process.
No, you are not applying for a contract position with Coach On. You are creating an online profile to gain exposure to athletes, parents, and other clients looking to hire a private coach in your area.
It’s super easy. Coaches that are interested in becoming a member of the Coach On community can visit our “Become a Coach” page to get started on their application.
We will ask you for basic information such as your name, date of birth, and location, as well as the sport(s) you would like to coach. You will also upload a profile picture in this section.
The profile picture is the very first impression a potential client gets when looking for a coach. Clients want to discover who you are before making the decision to contact you and ultimately hire you as their coach.
- Choose a high-quality, close-up picture that clearly identifies you as the coach (Show a nice smile)
- Avoid uploading group pictures and/or selfies
Enter your email address and create a password that will allow you to access your Coach On profile once we have activated your account.
Fill out the second part of our application form that includes Session Price, Elevator Pitch, Coaching Experience and Strengths, Personal Athletic Achievements, and Session Summary.
This is the price that you want to charge potential clients for a coaching session with you. Please note that it is your decision which price to choose, but most coaches in our network charge between $25 and $100 per hour.
Your Elevator Pitch should be a short summary of what makes you stand out as a coach. We will display this elevator pitch in your profile as well as the search results when clients are searching for a coach in your area.
- Be specific and include valuable information about who you are and why clients should train with you
Coaching Experience and Strengths
Tell your clients about your experience coaching athletes. What age groups can you work with? Do you have any certifications or coaching licenses?
- You should name any clubs/teams that you are currently coaching or have coached in the past
- Feel free to mention any awards or titles your teams have won
Personal Athletic Achievements
Provide a summary of your own career as an athlete (professional, college, high school) if applicable. Mention any awards, titles, or achievements you won during your career.
- Make sure to be as detailed as possible in your description to give your clients a great understanding of you as an athlete
Describe what clients can expect from a typical coaching session with you and how you can help them become better athletes.
Once you have filled out the sections above, you can click the “Continue” button.
Every new coach is required to undergo a Background Check performed by our trusted partner Sterling Talent Solutions to ensure the safety of our users. In this step, you will enter your payment information and click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application and the payment of $9.90 for the Background Check. Next, you will get redirected to the Sterling Talent Solutions website to submit your Background Check. Please make sure to follow the instructions to finalize your application as we are unable to activate your account without a successful Background Check.
Once your application and Background Check have been submitted, our team will closely review the information you provided to determine if they meet our expectations. We might contact you if we have additional questions about the application and/or the background check.
We will then activate your profile within 24-48 hours and send you an email confirming that your profile is now active and visible on our website.
While other websites keep up to 40% of your earnings for each completed coaching session, taking away several hundred dollars of your hard-earned money, at Coach On, you will be able to keep 100% of your profits.
You can use our Coach On network to market yourself to potential new clients and enjoy the benefits of our platform.
Benefits for our Coaches include:
- Keep 100% of your earnings for every session you complete with your clients.
- Get exposure to athletes and sports parents looking to hire a private coach in your area.
- Build a professional online presence for yourself as a coach.
- Train clients in your field of expertise and set your own hourly rates and schedule.
- Continuously grow your network of clients.
At Coach On, we want to provide a secure and trusted environment for everyone in the Coach On community. Therefore, we require all coaches to undergo a Background Check performed by Sterling Talent Solutions before using our platform. Your clients will feel more comfortable contacting you if they know that you have successfully passed a Background Check that includes:
- SSN Trace - The SSN Trace compares the provided Social Security Number to credit header and public records data. The trace may locate possible alternative names or addresses associated with the SSN for the purpose of performing additional searches. The SSN Trace is not conducted through the Social Security Administration and should not be used as the basis for any employment decision or confirmation of identity.
- Multi-State Instant Criminal Check With Verification - The Multi-State Criminal Database is a compilation of criminal records from over 43 states. Prior to reporting, Sterling Talent Solutions verifies possible felony and misdemeanor convictions and pending cases within a minimum of the last 7 years against central court records to ensure the accuracy and completeness of potentially adverse information, subject to availability and applicable reporting limitations. This product excludes all alias names. County validators are included in the product price. County access fees will be passed through to the customer.
- Locator Select + Verification - Locator Select queries over 3,500 jurisdictions for bookings and incarcerations, covering 70% of the incarcerated population in the United States to identify up to 20% more criminal records. Prior to reporting, possible felony and misdemeanor convictions and pending cases within a minimum of the last 7 years are verified against central court records to confirm the accuracy and completeness of potentially adverse information. Subject to availability and applicable reporting limitations. This product excludes all alias names. County validators are included in the product price. County access fees will be passed through to the customer.
- DOJ Sex Offender - The DOJ Sex Offender search is a nationwide search through the Federal Department of Justice, which includes registry data covering 49 states excluding Nevada, which is prohibited by state law, and including the District of Columbia and US territories. Subject to availability and applicable reporting limitations. This product excludes all alias names.
A Background Check costs only $9.90 and is a worthwhile investment as you grow your coaching network. Remember, there are NO other fees for being a Coach On coach and you can keep 100% of your earnings for each completed coaching session.
Please make sure you meet these requirements before applying:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have coaching experience in at least one sport endorsed by Coach On
- You have a valid email address and phone number
For Current NCAA athletes:
The NCAA has strict regulations for current student-athletes wanting to provide private coaching lessons. Please contact your school’s Director of Compliance to ensure that you are eligible to accept this type of employment.
Congratulations! Your application and Background Check have been approved and we have notified you via email that your profile is now active and visible on our website.
You can access your profile by clicking the link in the activation email you received from us or by visiting the “My Coach On” page on our website. Use the email address and the password you provided during your application to log into your account.
- Respond to a client’s contact request within 48 hours
- Be respectful in your conversations with clients at all times
- Provide quality coaching sessions for your clients
- Help us grow our network by inviting new coaches and athletes to join the Coach On community
A great way to grow your coaching network is sharing your Coach On profile with potential new clients. Therefore, we recommend choosing a username that you and your clients can easily remember. You can change your username in your Coach On profile:
Your URL: https://www.coachon.com/coach/johnsmith
Now, you can share your Coach On profile URL (Social Media, Business Cards, Flyers) with every athlete, parent, or potential client you know to grow your personal network as well as our Coach On community.
After we have activated your Coach On profile, you will appear on our website, visible to all visitors. New clients can search for a coach by entering the sport and location they are interested in and visit your profile to contact you directly through Coach On.
Your clients will be able to contact you directly through our website. Once a client visits your Coach On profile and decides to contact you, the message will appear in your personal message board and we will notify you via email. You can then respond to the inquiry directly from the message board in your profile.
Please remember to respond to all messages within 48 hours.
Awesome! We are excited that a new client has reached out to you. You can now respond to them directly through your Coach On message board and find out exactly what they are looking for in terms of training times, locations etc.
Once you have discussed the details, you can schedule your first training session together and help your clients take the next step in their athletic development.
No, Coach On does not guarantee any contact requests from new clients. The number of interested clients will vary for each coach. Every coach’s experience in our community is different - some coaches receive new client requests right away while other coaches might have to wait a little bit longer to get contacted.
4 main factors will impact your success:
- The way you promote your Coach On Profile (Social Media, Business Cards, Flyers etc.)
- The overall appearance of your public Coach On profile (Profile Picture, Other Photos etc.)
- Your coaching experience and session price
- The demand for coaching sessions in your sport(s) and your location
Yes, finding a training location and providing coaching equipment is part of the coach’s preparation for the coaching sessions. Most coaches use local gyms, fields, or other facilities to train their clients.
A client might have a preferred location, but most clients will expect you to provide a location. However, please feel free to make individual arrangements with your clients to best accommodate their needs.
At Coach On, we don’t determine the price you will charge your clients, but most coaches in our network choose a price between $25 and $100 per hour. We also suggest checking how much other coaches in your area are charging for their sessions.
You can set your own hourly rates that will be displayed in your profile as well as in the search results. Payments and transactions are at the discretion of you and your clients and will NOT be facilitated through Coach On. We recommend that you and your clients clearly decide how the payment will be made before starting a session. You are welcome to make individual arrangements with all your clients.
Log into your Coach On account and click “View Public Profile” on the left side of your screen. You will be able to see what your profile looks like to the public.
The profile picture is the very first impression that a potential client gets when looking for a coach. Clients want to discover who you are before making the decision to contact you and ultimately hire you as a coach.
- Choose a close-up picture that clearly identifies you as the coach.
- Avoid group pictures and selfies.
You have the option to upload up to 5 additional pictures during the application process. You can also add those pictures later on in your profile. You can post pictures of yourself exercising, coaching clients, or any other sports-related activities you think your clients should see.
You are now officially a member of the fast-growing Coach On Community. The best part about our community is that we support each other and help each other succeed. We are excited to support you in growing your coaching network and we would love for you to help us grow our community even more.
We suggest that you share your Coach On profile URL often and in several different places to attract new clients.
- Share your Coach On profile URL (Social Media, Business Cards, Flyers) with every athlete, parent, or potential client you know to grow your personal network as well as our Coach On community.
- If you have your own website, we recommend adding your Coach On URL to your website as an easy way to attract new clients to Coach On.
You should list your Coach On URL in all of your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more.
We would also like to invite you to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (@coachononnetwork) and tag us in any of your coaching related posts with the hashtag #keeponcoaching
- Lastly, ask your friends, colleagues, and current clients to share your Coach On profile with their social networks.
You can submit a request to our support team by clicking the “email us” button on the bottom of the website or call us directly at 800-460-1650. One of our representatives will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.
To access your Coach On account go to the “My Coach On” page on our website and enter the email address and password that you created during the application.
If you would like to update or change your Coach On profile, you can log into your account and make the desired changes. Please, make sure to click the “save changes” button when you are finished.
- Open coachon.com in your web browser.
- Click “My Coach On”
- Click “Forgot your password?”
- Enter the email address you used to create the account. You'll need access to this email account to reset your password.
- Check your email inbox and click the link in the email you received to reset your password.
No, please remember that Coach On is not directly involved in the scheduling process and/or the facilitation of coaching sessions with your clients. Therefore, we are unable to provide any liability insurance for the coaching sessions.
If you decide to delete your Coach On account, please submit a request to our support team by clicking the “email us” button on the bottom of the website or call us directly at 800-460-1650. One of our representatives will help you complete this process.